BABCO has been involved in contract drafting and negotiation, engineering, procurement and project management services focusing on “contracts/claim administration” and “financing” for major infrastructure projects. We have been heading up the Project Management Team in the development of major power plants in the Middle East, thanks to many years of experience of our team members in development of major EPC projects. BABCO has also been involved in financing arrangements for EPC projects through negotiating with international banks and Export Credit Agencies (ECAs), helping clients obtain the required permissions and approvals (including the resolution issued by the High Economic Council), satisfying the requirements of local banks in order to establish the letters of credit, etc.
BABCO’s services for the EPCF Management include:
- Preparation of the Contract Agreement, Particular Conditions of Contract (including the Financing Arrangement), Appendix to Tender and Schedule of Guarantees and Liquidated Damages;
- Supervising the work of a consulting engineer to complete the Employer’s Requirements, Time Schedule and Bill of Quantities in a coherent and acceptable manner;
- Negotiating and finalizing the EPCF contract with EPC contractors;
- Supporting clients to obtain the required permissions and approvals from all concerned governmental authorities including the Ministry of Energy, Central Bank of Iran and the High Economic Council;
- Negotiating with the international financing banks and Export Credit Agencies (ECAs);
- Providing engineering, procurement and project management services; and
- Providing services for contracts and claim management.
BABCO’s involvement in negotiations for Rudbar Lorestan Dam & Hydropower Plant Project paved the way for establishment of the first credit line between Central Bank of Iran and Sinosure of China.
The projects for which we have offered our services are as follows:
- Rudbar Lorestan Dam and Hydropower Plant Project;
- Chamshir Dam and Hydropower Plant Project;
- Chamshir Irrigation and Drainage Network Project; and
- Ramhormoz Combined Cycle Power Plant.