Chamshir Dam is located on the Zohreh River in Gachsaran, Kohgiloye Boyer Ahmad Province, Iran. This is the highest RCC dam in Iran and has a significant impact on Agriculture of the region by storage and control of the Zohreh River water. Construction of Chamshir Hydropower with the capacity of 165 MW and annual energy generation of 480 GWh will meet some of energy requirements of this area.
- Flood storage and use of stored water for the development and improvement of agricultural activities in Bushehr and Khuzestan.
- Flood control, preventing flood damage, and efficient usage (exploitation) of water
- Hydroelectric power generation
- Increasing the tourism attractions of Gachsaran region
- BABCO prepared the Contract Agreement, Particular Conditions of Contract (including the Financing Arrangement), Appendix to Tender and Schedule of Guarantees and Liquidated Damages and supervised the work of a consulting engineer to complete the Employer’s Requirements, Time Schedule and Bill of Quantities in a coherent and acceptable manner. We used FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant & Design-Build, First Edition 1999, as the general conditions.
- Based on the draft prepared, BABCO then negotiated and finalized the EPCF contract with a Chinese contractor.
- After signing of the EPCF contract, BABCO helped IWPC obtain the required permissions and approvals from all concerned governmental authorities including the Ministry of Energy, Central Bank of Iran and the Economic Council. BABCO was also involved in the negotiation with the Chinese financing bank which led to finalization of the financing agreement between the lender and borrower and opening of the project’s letter of credit.